The Civility Project
The College Civility Committee adopted the tag line:
Making Courtesy Common
in an effort to convey the notion to everyone that all of us need to act in a civil manner.
It is our sincere hope that we and other members of the college community can promote a sense of courteous behavior toward one another.
It is the mission of MCC's College Civility Committee to help create a respectful learning community that values integrity, courtesy,compassion and responsibility.
We, the students, faculty, staff and administration of Monroe Community College are committed to core values that include:
- Creating an environment where we value and respect each other;
- Promoting a community that encourages the tolerance of divergent opinions and constructive resolution of conflict;
- Exchanging ideas and enriching our lives through the exploration of our multifaceted culture;
- Embracing responsibility, integrity, and courtesy;
- Respecting the dignity, rights, and freedoms of every community member;
- Respecting the intellectual and physical property of others; and
- Respecting college property including both public and private spaces.
We, as a community of learners, are affirming these core values to guide our actions and behaviors.