The MCC Award for Excellence in Professional Service
Submission deadline: April 14, 2017
The Dr. Wesley T. Hanson Award and the MCC Award for Excellence in Professional Service are the highest awards granted by Monroe Community College.
The Faculty Senate Professional Development Committee is particularly eager to recognize individuals who not only meet the criteria listed below, but who consistently exceed these criteria in a creative and innovative fashion.
The MCC Award for Excellence in Professional Service:
This is the highest service award granted by Monroe Community College. Its purpose is to honor the high achievement, leadership, and innovation of an individual in more of a non-teaching role who demonstrates:
- Achievements well beyond the job description
- Adaptability to institutional needs
- Professional recognition, achievements, and service
- Innovation and initiative
- Professional leadership
- Those eligible for the Professional Service Award must be administrators, counselors, librarians, professional staff, or MCC tenured faculty members for whom classroom instruction is less than ½ their normal annual workload. Eight or more years of service at MCC are required.
- Members of the Professional Development Committee, previous recipients, and the Vice Presidents and President of the College are not eligible for any of the awards.
- A candidate for any award must be nominated by two (2) members of the College community (MCC faculty, MCC employees, MCC students). Candidates may not nominate themselves.
- Members of the College community may nominate or second the nomination of only one person for any award.
Nomination packets - should not exceed 20 pages and must include all required materials to be considered:
- Cover page (this link downloads a Word document) with name, rank/title, and years of service at Monroe Community College of the individual being nominated.
- 2 page nomination letter from each nominator.
- 1-2 page current CV/resume.
- 2 page Executive Summary of last three Annual Faculty Development Reports.
- Three support letters. These support letters can be from department chairs, deans, colleagues, and/or students. These letters should indicate, as specifically as possible, how the individual has gone above and beyond their job responsibilities. It is the responsibility of the nominator to gather these letters.
- Support materials to strengthen the nomination:
- Documentation of consistent, superb performance related to exceeding their job description, adaptability, professional recognition/achievements/service, innovation, initiative, professional leadership
- Nomination packets should be submitted to Gale Lynch (firstname.lastname@example.org) via email by 12:00 noon on April 14, 2017.